Where do You Begin to Change Your Image?
When you look in the mirror, are you happy with the image looking back at you, or is it time to make a change?
Let's begin by identifying why you want to change your image...there could be a variety of different reasons.
- You are trying to get a more professional job
- A wise man once said: "Dress as though you already have the job".
- You have a new, more professional job
- A new image would help build your courage and confidence
- Maybe your lifestyle has changed
- Maybe you just want to re-invent who you are
- Your image is an announcement to the world about what you think of yourself.
These, and possibly many others, are all valid reasons to make a change in your image.
Begin on the inside...
Make sure this change is all about you, not about how someone else wants you to be. This change needs to make you feel confident, comfortable with who you are and good about yourself.
Remember, you're making over your style, not your values.
Appearance = Image
Your appearance plays a big part in your image...it is the impression you leave with everyone around you as well as your own impression of yourself.
It's pretty amazing how even the slightest changes can make a difference in how we feel about ourselves, our attitude, the energy we project and the feeling we leave with others.
Changing your appearance:
- Changing your hair can make a big difference...update your hairstyle. There are a lot of inexpensive hair salons to choose from, but it will probably be worth your time and money to invest in a stylist who has a good reputation and can help advise you about a "cut" that will look good on you.
- When it comes to hair, maybe it's time to get rid of some facial hair; losing a mustache, a beard or a "shadow" will not only clean up your image, but it can shave years off your face.
- Choosing a new way to dress or changing your personal presentation. This can be a daunting task if you need to make too many changes. Some of the things you should consider are:
Changing your image is a commitment to yourself to look, dress and feel better. That may mean a whole new way of thinking. Take the time to learn about what it will take to become the new you, then make a plan and get started.
I have been a men's clothier and fashion consultant for over two decades. I enjoy helping my clients create fashionable, and professional images. I can help you create that great new image you are looking for.