Have You Developed a Wardrobe Plan?
"Your wardrobe should be carefully planned to give you the most flattering appearance" ~ James L. Bradford
You probably think that when I ask about your wardrobe plan that I am asking about your plan to build a wardrobe. Well, not this time. This time, I am wondering if you take the time to plan what you will be wearing the next week.
This may sound a little silly to you, but good planning leads to success.
If your wardrobe is important enough to invest in, to care for and to trust your image to... doesn't it make good sense to plan how you will use it?
Have you ever observed someone that no matter what the occasion, or what the setting, he always looks impeccable and his wardrobe looks so well thought out - planned? Do you think people who look like that look that way accidentally? Of course not, they plan ahead.
How can planning help you?
If you are a business professional, you know that good planning helps to insure that all aspects of a project are considered and addressed. It can really work the same way with your wardrobe.
- Calendaring your wardrobe eliminates last minute decisions on what to wear.
- How many time have you been late for work or an appointment because you can't decide what to wear?
- It eliminates looking for that certain shirt you wanted to wear, only to discover that it was in the laundry.
- It eliminates the possibility of wearing the same suit too frequently.
- Not only is this hard on the suit, but it can develop a predictability in your appearance.
- It allows you to plan for the dry cleaning of your suits.
- If you question how something fits or looks on you, it gives you time to try it on beforehand to make your decision.
- It allows you to think through the accessories you'd like to wear.
- It gives you an opportunity to note when shoes need to be polished or clothing needs to be repaired.
- When there is a special occasion you are attending, it allows you to look your best.
The time it takes...
You're probably thinking that planning what you will wear for a week will take too much of your valuable time, but in fact, it will probably save you time as you develop a routine in your planning. You will become quick and efficient and more confident in your appearance.
Some people keep a planner or calendar to make their plan, some people actually assemble the clothing together. It doesn't really matter how you plan, it just matters that you plan.
I have been a professional clothier since 1989, and I enjoy helping my clients develop a professional wardrobe that they can plan on to create the image they want and need.
I will come to your location, bring fabric samples and ideas. I will take accurate measurements to insure a proper fit. Upon completion, your clothing will be delivered to you.
Contact me and together we will begin building that great new wardrobe.