How to Tie the Perfect Tie
Are you an man that doesn't know how to tie a tie? If so you shouldn't be embarrassed, many men are in your situation.
Maybe you know how to tie a tie, but would like to try tying some different knots to change things up a bit.
Whichever category you fit into, I have some help for you.
Before learning how to tie your tie, you need to know how to select a tie that will not only knot well, but will lay well.
Choosing a good tie
- When tie shopping, try the tie on and tie it. This is the only way you will know how well it knots, and what it will look like.
- Choose tie fabrics of either silk or polyester and silk, for quality.
- If the silk feels rough rather than smooth, it is inferior in quality.
- The lining is what gives the tie its body, so make sure it is lined with somewhat stiff fabric.
- If you are purchasing a tie for a suit you already own, take the suit with you to make sure the tie is a good match.
- Check the tie for flaws such as irregular weaves or loose threads.
- The fabric of a high quality tie is cut on the bias, or the diagonal, which allows the tie to fall straight and lay flat.
Enjoy this video that demonstrates 4 ways you can tie a tie.
I have two decades experience in the fashion industry, and I enjoy creating tailored, fashionable, and sophisticated looks for my clients.
If you're an executive who values what a good wardrobe can contribute to your success, give me a call for a free consultation.
I come to you on your schedule, I can advise you on fabric and the style that is best for you, I will take your measurements to create clothing that fits and builds your style.