Is There Still a Need for Professional Business Clothes?
I guess the need for professional business clothes really depends on how professional you want to be and be perceived.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...First impressions are extremely important, and you get only one chance to make a good one.
There is an old adage that your actions speak louder than your words, stated a little differently, your clothing often speaks louder and says more than you.
Before you even open your mouth, your clothes have started talking.
Your clothes talk about:
- How professional you are
- How much you pay attention to detail
- How sophisticated you are
- How intelligent you are
- How confident you are
- How credible you are
You may think it's not right that you are judged like this, according to your attire, but right or wrong, that's how it is.
Although it's true, you may have a 2nd opportunity to set the record straight, but then again, you may not...do it right the first time.
If you are new to the professional business world, or maybe you're not so new...
Dressing professionally can be easier if:
- Your clothes are clean and well kept
- And so are you
- You remember that professional clothes are not "trendy" clothes
- Save your trendy clothes for casual time
- You dress for the occasion
- Your clothing fits correctly...not too short, not too long, not too tight and not too baggy
- You don't ignore looking in a mirror or getting a second opinion
- Your shoes are cleaned and shined
- Dirty shoes can ruin your otherwise great appearance
- You avoid "loud" or "themed" ties
- Your tie color should compliment your suit and shirt
- Keep you accessories conservative and to a minimum
- When you're talking about accessories, oftentimes less is more.
I have been a men's clothier and fashion consultant for over two decades, and I enjoy creating tailored, fashionable, and professional looks for my clients. I can help you create the look you've been looking for.
Service and Confidence
I have worked with Bill for about 15 years.First off, he visited my home, went through my closet and figured out what kinds of things I like. We took it from there. Perfect service, and any minor glitches (very rare) have been promptly and efficiently addressed. I rely on Bill.
Don't let your clothes hold you back from being all you can.