How Do You Choose the Right Men's Shoes?
Let me ask you something...
What part of your body carries the weight and goes the distance, yet oftentimes gets neglected?
Answer: Obviously it's your feet.
Though they may ache, smell, swell, itch or burn, your feet just keep on going.
What do we do for them in return? We cram them into shoes that don't fit right, don't offer the support they need, rub our heels and cramp our toes.
Shoes are an important part of your wardrobe.
On your body, nothing takes a greater beating than your feet, and in your wardrobe, nothing gets more used and abused than your shoes.
There are 2 key factors for choosing the right shoes:
- Choose the right fit that will protect and support your feet.
- Choose a qualityshoe that will add the finishing touch to your wardrobe.
- Nothing wears better than a quality leather shoe
Although quality shoes can be a large investment, it's a worthwhile investment to have at least 2 pair of lace-up dress shoes in your wardrobe.
- One black pair
- One brown or burgundy pair
- It's always nice to have a good pair of slip ons as a third option.
Once you have invested in your shoes, you will want to protect that investment so they will have a long life and give you great service, so taking proper care is imperative.
Maintain your shoes
- Give your shoes a day off - rotate them
- As you wear your shoes throughout the day, they absorb moisture from your feet, rotating allows them to dry thoroughly which will prolong their life.
- Polish your shoes frequently
- As your shoes are exposed to weather and use, the leather can begin to dry out - frequent polishing not only improves their appearance, but will help restore lost moisture and lengthen their life.
- Using wooden shoe trees will help maintain their shape, and absorb moisture when not being worn.
- When traveling, be sure to to pack your shoes in shoe bags to prevent them from getting scratched.
- When the soles and heels start wearing down, replace them to prolong the life of your shoe.
- Don't throw away a great pair of shoes that fit like a glove.
As a Men's Fashion Consultant and Clothier, I understand and can advise you on choosing quality clothing and shoes. Together we can build a quality wardrobe for a quality impression.
For custom clothing, I will come to your location, take your measurements and together we'll choose fabrics and style that best suit you.