How Do You Build a Great Wardrobe?
Your wardrobe speaks to who you are.
In a sense, it tells your story...You are a professional, you are detail oriented, you do care about your appearance and the impressions you leave behind.
What does your wardrobe say about you?
As you go about your daily activities, you pass by possibly hundreds of people. People who seem caught up in their own lives and what they are doing at the moment (usually talking or texting on a cell phone).
Most of the time there is no communication, nevertheless people are observing and impressions are being made. You may not think you're being noticed, but you are.
If you were to walk down that same street wearing a trench coat and a full face ski mask, you would know you were being noticed then. Whether we think we do or not, we leave impressions every where we go.
You never know who is watching.
A good wardrobe can be a large investment, but remember, the investment you are making is in you.
Steps to building your wardrobe:
- Make a Plan -
- Decide what story you want your clothing to tell about you.
- Decide, realistically, how your wardrobe investment fits into your financial plan.
- Decide about the areas your current wardrobe needs improvement.
- Be Committed -
- Commit to change if necessary. That means you should go through your closet and throw out or donate any items that don't fit right, are showing signs of wear or don't fit into your "plan".
- Commit to purchasing quality clothing in the future.
- Commit to the time it may take to develop a quality wardrobe. It could take as long as 5 years, be patient and don't compromise on purchases.
- Commit to a new image.
- Make Good Choices -
- Choose clothing made of quality fabric.
- Choose clothing that has style and is not trendy. This will alleviate having clothes that become dated and unwearable.
- Choose clothing you really like, otherwise it might just hang in your closet.
Take Good Care of Your Clothing - To insure maximum use of this wardrobe investment, proper care of each garment must be taken.
- Follow the cleaning instructions.
- Store appropriately, hanging jackets and slacks when not in use.
I have been a professional clothier since 1989. I will come to your location, bring fabric samples and ideas. I will take accurate measurements to insure a proper fit. Upon completion, your clothing will be delivered to you.
Contact me and together we will begin building that great new wardrobe.
Excellent Clothing + Service
May 06, 2011 by Mark Bigelow
Bill did a great job on 2 suits and 4 or 5 shirts for me.His knowledge of fabrics and styles got me a wardrobe that fit better than any I've ever had, looked better than any I've had and has held up over time.I wouldn't hesitate to go to Bill again.
I have known Bill Hoffer for 13 years. He has provided me with superior service and an exceptional wardrobe for more than a decade. In addition to being incredibly personable and service oriented, his clothing is top flight. I am constantly complimented when wearing the apparel acquired from Bill. Bill is a friend, as well as, a sharp dresser and he can make you one, too!